Saturday, December 11, 2010

Weekly Grocery Totals

There were no super savings this week, because there weren't coupons out there for the items I needed, but I still did well.




Publix



Spent: $20.32
Saved: $14.48
Total Value: $34.80
Percent Saved: 41%

Here are the highlights:

New England Coffee, $6.39
Buy One Get One Free

Hefty Foil Pan, $1.50 Sale

Asparaus, $2.49/lb Sale
I usually get this for $1.99/lb, but it's December...

Publix Salad Blend, $2.00 Sale

Green Beans, $0.99/lb

Kraft Chunk Cheese, $2.50 Sale
$1 off 2 Kraft Cheese Target Coupon
$1 off 2 Kraft Cheese Manufacturer Coupon


Winn✓Dixie


Spent: $19.17
Saved: $13.85
Total Value: $33.02
Percent Saved: 42%

The chicken and the pork were on BOGO. The canned veggies were $0.50 each. The beef ribs were on sale as well. 


Target


Spent: $13.74

So, I went to Target to get sandpaper and foil paper, which I knew would be cheaper there. I hadn't been to this Target since they remodeled, since I started going to a newer Super Target that was on my route to work when I made the occasional trip to a Target. I thought the new "Fresh Grocery" concept would just be a little corner in the store, but they actually rearranged the entire store and was able to fit a pretty good size grocery section in the existing space. It's probably the same size as an Aldi with a pretty good selection of stuff. Assuming that most Targets are the same size, they may not need to expand their supercenters like Walmart. 


Anway, I couldn't find sandpaper. I planned to price-match the eggs and peanut butter with this week's Walgreens ad. Target wouldn't match the eggs. However, the prices were good, especially for the store-brand items. Here's what I paid for each item.

Skippy Peanut Butter, $1.75 sale
$1.50 at Walgreens Price-Match
$0.60 off Skippy Manufacturer Coupon

Dozen Eggs, $1.12
$0.99 at Walgreens (they wouldn't match it)
$0.55 off 2 dozen eggs coupon

Reynolds Aluminum Foil, $2.99
$0.75 off Reynolds Foil Manufacturer Coupon

Archer Farms (Store-Brand) Ground Italian Sausage, $2.99
$2.50 at Winn-Dixie last week but forgot to get it

Market Pantry (Store Brand) Tomato Sauce, $0.25

Market Pantry Sugar-Free Drink Mix, $2.24
BOGO on equivalent Crystal Light at Publix would be cheaper after coupons.

Market Pantry Butter, $2.89
Prices on this are going up everywhere. It's approaching $4 at Publix and Winn-Dixie while the science experiment "not butter but tastes like butter" stuff is dirt cheap. 



No comments:

Post a Comment