Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bi-Lo: First Experience w/ Doubling and Half Price BOGO





Spent: $5.43
Saved: $15.20
Total Value: $20.63
Percent Saved: 74%

So, I am in South Carolina visiting family this weekend. Given that there are more traditional grocery chains here than in Central Florida, I thought I'd take advantage of that and buy some non-perishables.   Unfortunately, there weren't too many super deals in the ads for the stores like Kroger, Food Lion, Piggly Wiggly, Bi-Lo, and Publix. (Yes, I was going to scout Publix because they double coupons everywhere except Florida and southern Georgia. So, whatever I bought with coupons worth $0.50 or less would be cheaper here than in Florida.)

Anyway, I found two products at Bi-Lo that were great deals. I messed up a little bit on the Scotties facial tissues though. It was buy one get one free, and I naturally picked up four to couple with my $0.50 off three coupon that would double to $1.00. However, BOGO items outside of Florida ring up for half price, negating the need to purchase them in pairs. That only resulted in me paying $0.10 more per box, so it's not the end of the world. Since Florida doesn't double, I still got a better deal!  

(4) Blue Diamond Almonds, 6 oz, $3.29 
Buy One Get One Free (or $1.65 each)
(4) $1.00 off Blue Diamond Manufacturer Coupon
(Made it $0.65 each)

(4) Scotties Facial Tissues, $1.79 
Buy One Get One Free (or $0.90 each)
$0.50 off three Scotties Manufacturer Coupon
(Made it $0.65 each; Would have been $0.55 each if I bought three)


No comments:

Post a Comment